Technical Support Specialist, Life Sciences
Chai applies the power of molecular diagnostics to real-world applications. By combing our portable qPCR instruments with sophisticated molecular biology, we develop easy-to-use solutions for problems such as COVID surveillance, food & beverage safety, and environmental water quality. Our affordable instruments and open reagent platform are used by some of the most impactful researchers and life science companies around the world.
We're looking for a Technical Support Specialist to ensure customers and partners are successful by providing customer onboarding and technical support, producing technical resources and documentation, and helping the sales team develop new business.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical support for our Real-Time PCR instruments, software, and PCR reagents/test kits
- Perform technical onboarding training for our COVID surveillance, brewery, and food safety customers
- Collaborate with our sales group on backend processes to increase the efficiency of their outreach efforts
- Improve the efficiency of support by developing knowledge base articles and support processes to resolve customer problems faster
- Answer the phones and chat bot to handle customer service issues and route conversations to Account Executives
- Assist with product documentation, training videos, and technical articles
- Work with our product management, R&D, and quality teams to continuously improve our products and set the roadmap for future ones
- BS or MS in life sciences, biomedical engineering, or related field
- "At the bench" lab experience and familiarity with PCR, Real-Time PCR, and nucleic acid extraction techniques is a plus
- Tech-savvy, with the ability to learn and support new software quickly and diagnose computer-related customer issues
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas plainly and succinctly while writing on-brand
- You simply love talking and interacting with customers!
- Great compensation package including generous equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to have a meaningful voice at a growing startup
- Multiple pathways for career advancement (e.g. technical or sales)
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now