Technical Applications Scientist
Chai applies the power of molecular diagnostics to real-world applications. By combing our portable qPCR instruments with sophisticated molecular biology, we develop easy-to-use solutions for problems such as COVID surveillance, food & beverage safety, and environmental water quality. Our affordable instruments and open reagent platform are used by some of the most impactful researchers and life science companies around the world.
We're looking for a Technical Applications Scientist to ensure customers and partners are successful by providing customer onboarding and technical support, producing technical resources and documentation, and helping the sales team develop new business.
What You'll Do
- Support our research customers by providing technical support for our Real-Time PCR instruments, PCR reagents, and DNA/RNA extraction solutions
- Provide technical onboarding and ongoing support to our COVID surveillance, brewery, and food safety customers
- Improve the efficiency of support by developing knowledge base articles and support processes to resolve customer problems faster
- Write and produce product documentation, training videos, and technical articles
- Partner with our sales team to answer pre-sales questions on our qPCR instruments and solutions
- Work with our product management, R&D, and quality teams to continuously improve our products and set the roadmap for future ones
- Do everything needed to ensure a stellar experience for all customers
- PhD in life sciences or biomedical engineering, or MS with equivalent experience
- 2+ years "at the bench" lab experience and familiarity with a variety of molecular biology tools and approaches
- Deep understanding of PCR and Real-Time PCR, including primer/probe design and nucleic acid extraction techniques
- Tech-savvy, with the ability to learn and support new software quickly and diagnose computer-related customer issues
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas plainly and succinctly while writing on-brand
- You simply love talking and interacting with customers!
- Great compensation package including generous equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now