Senior Mechanical Engineer
Are you an expert mechanical engineer who would like to be part of a team bringing the latest molecular diagnostic techniques to everyday real-world applications? Then we have the job for you!
Our portable qPCR instruments are not only used by some of the most impactful researchers and life science companies around the world, but are routinely used outside the lab, in applications such as COVID surveillance, food & beverage safety testing, and environmental water quality monitoring.
We're searching for a Mechanical Engineer to lead mechanical design aspects of our next generation of devices, as well as drive continuous efficiency and quality improvements in our hardware manufacturing.
What You'll Do
- Work within a team of manufacturing, electrical, and software engineers, biological scientists, and technicians to build well thought-out, cost efficient, and easy-to-use bio-instrumentation
- Research, prototype, and test electro-mechanical and optical assemblies
- Establish good relationships with suppliers and analyze BOM COGS to facilitate product decisions
- Conduct human factor investigations, and design products with ease-of-use and minimal workflow in mind
- Provide hands-on support of assembly/component inspection and resolve production issues
- Perform failure analysis to improve product quality
- Create SolidWorks CAD models, engineering drawings, validation reports, and work instructions
- Work collaboratively with contract manufacturers and key vendors on process issues
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of experience, ideally bringing new products to market
- Expert with injection molding, sheet metal design, CNC machined parts, and electro-mechanical mechanisms
- Experienced with ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 manufacturing environments and quality systems
- A proven understanding of thermodynamics and engineering thermal systems
- Good understanding of high level product requirements and design for manufacturing principles
- Highly skilled in SolidWorks and experienced in creating technical drawings, prints, and schematics
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP and supply chain operations
- Experience designing biomedical devices or scientific instrumentation is desired
- A solid understanding of optics and optical devices is a plus
- Competitive salary & equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now