Are you an expert manufacturing engineer who would like to be part of a team bringing the latest molecular diagnostic techniques to everyday real-world applications? Then we have the job for you!
Our portable qPCR instruments are not only used by some of the most impactful researchers and life science companies around the world, but are routinely used outside the lab, in applications such as COVID surveillance, food & beverage safety testing, and environmental water quality monitoring.
We're searching for a Manufacturing Engineer to drive new product introduction and continuous efficiency and quality improvements in our hardware manufacturing.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the manufacturability of products by working with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and biological scientists throughout the R&D and NPI process
- Improve product quality by analyzing post-market failures, performing NCMRs and root cause analysis
- Generate and review engineering and manufacturing documentation including drawings, schematics, BOMs, SOPs, FAIs, and TMs
- Design, modify, scale, and maintain manufacturing processes and rework procedures to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Provide hands-on support of inspection, assembly, and troubleshooting during production
- Supervise and potentially manage a production line, including assembly personnel
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization throughout manufacturing and supply chain
- Evaluate, select, and manage US and Asian-based vendors and contract manufacturers; maintain good vendor relationships
- Collaborate with contract manufacturers and key vendors on process issues
- Potentially improve biological reagent production by implementing robotic automation
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 4+ years of experience, ideally leading all aspects of a bringing a new product to market
- Highly skilled in SolidWorks and experienced creating technical drawings, prints, and schematics
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing, PLM, and ERP systems
- Understanding of machining, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, 3D printing
- Experience managing contract manufacturers and/or assembly line processes
- Experience with biomedical devices, thermal engineering, or optical systems are a plus
- Competitive salary & equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now