Director of Marketing
Are you a proven marketing leader who would like to be part of a team applying biotechnology to real-world problems? Then we have the job for you.
Our rapid, easy-to-use Real-Time PCR solutions enable wide ranging applications, from helping breweries brew better beer, to the detection of food-borne pathogens, and even stopping the spread of COVID in schools and workplaces. Life science researchers in over 60 countries use our instruments and reagents in their research, and partners use our products to detect fraud, fight terrorism, and prevent hospital-acquired infections.
We are looking to hire an experienced and hardworking Director of Marketing to generate sourced opportunities, nurture in-pipeline prospects, and bring new innovative products to market. You'll play a critical and high-visibility role, owning demand generation, ABM, content and product marketing at a growing biotech startup.
What You'll Do
- Drive demand generation, owning the budget and strategic execution of campaigns across paid and organic search, social, display, video, and trade show channels
- Hire and develop a marketing team from the ground up by determining the roles needed and recruiting and retaining top talent
- Lead content marketing, producing articles, blog posts, videos, and ads that engage, inform, and build trust with our audience
- Own website optimization, including crafting compelling product descriptions, SEO, conversion optimization, and conversational marketing
- Provide ongoing tracking, critical metric, and return on investment analysis for the team’s marketing initiatives to provide clear, meaningful insights
- Partnering closely with Product Management, you'll own product marketing, identifying market needs, developing positioning, and executing successful go-to-market campaigns
- Manage ABM campaigns to ensure coverage on our target accounts within upmarket segments everywhere they go on the digital web
- 10+ years marketing experience in B2B or life sciences, with 5+ years managing and growing marketing teams
- Experience marketing to technical audiences, yet can distill and explain technical concepts for a general audience
- You're an excellent manager of people, and can mentor, coach, and develop team members
- You're a natural story teller who crafts engaging copy that's not full of superlatives & corporate cliches
- You're analytical and at home using tools such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, Google Ads, and marketing automation tools to analyze campaign effectiveness in a statistically sound manner
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting in executive-level settings
- Intrinsic drive to roll-up your sleeves and get things done; a self-starter, productive working independently or collaboratively
- Ability to tie advertising spend & performance to sales pipeline results
- Great compensation package including generous equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now