Business Operations Manager
Are you looking to lead business operations at a biotech startup? Then we have the job for you!
Chai applies the power of molecular diagnostics to real-world applications. By combining our portable qPCR instruments with sophisticated molecular biology, we develop easy-to-use solutions for problems such as COVID surveillance, food & beverage safety, and environmental water quality. Our affordable instruments and open reagent platform are used by some of the most impactful researchers and life science companies around the world.
We're searching for a Business Operations Manager to lead day-to-day and strategic business operations. Working closely with Technical Operations, you'll manage many customer-facing and internal functions, and lead cross-functional initiatives across our business.
What You'll Do
- You will contribute to the business growth through effective business operations support, aligning business priorities and initiatives across the organization
- Lead cross-functional projects internally to support new company offerings or improve efficiency across the company
- Own demand planning, generating the baseline forecast that enters our S&OP process
- Manage Customer Operations, including Quoting, Sales Order acceptance and processing, eCommerce operations, customer communications, coordinating with Sales, and many aspects of regulatory/taxation compliance
- Lead Technical Support and Customer Service, ensuring customers are serviced efficiently for technical and other matters, and coordinating a continual improvement process to generate internal and public knowledge base articles and reduce customer issues
- Assume management of an existing team of 2 support personnel; recruit, hire, retain, and grow the team as needed
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities and office management, purchasing, administrative support
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Technical Operations, Finance, R&D, and Marketing to ensure Business Operations meet the needs of all customers and the entire company
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Finance, or another technical field
- 5+ years experience in a business operations environment
- Strong organizational skills and a track record of accomplishment in managing multiple, complex projects
- You're an excellent manager of people, have managed teams of 3+ people before, and know how to recruit, grow, and retain a hard-working, collaborative team
- Tech-savvy and familiar with business applications including ERP and CRM software
- Strong operations management experience, including the ability to define and optimize processes and the know-how to implement them in a cross-functional environment
- Experienced in P&L analysis, forecasting, and statistical analysis
- Experience with a variety of business operations including sales enablement/customer operations, customer support, facilities, purchasing, administrative, and AR/AP
- Expert at selecting, managing, and negotiating with vendors
- Competitive salary & equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now