Software Engineering Manager
Are you a proven software leader who would like to be part of a team solving problems spanning software, hardware, and biology? We have a unique challenge for you!
Chai applies the power of molecular diagnostics to real-world applications. By combing our portable qPCR instruments with sophisticated molecular biology, we develop easy-to-use solutions for problems such as COVID surveillance, food & beverage safety, and environmental water quality. Our affordable instruments and open reagent platform are used by some of the most impactful researchers and life science companies around the world.
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our device, cloud, and eCommerce software development. You'll lead and grow our software team while working closely with product management to develop new features and a cloud-based scientific application. You'll also partner with our hardware engineering team to develop the embedded realtime control software for our next generation of devices, and our growth team to support marketing efforts to grow the business.
What You'll Do
- Assume leadership of our small offsite team consisting of frontend, backend, DevOps, embedded, and bioinformatics engineers
- Retain and grow the team in Santa Clara and off-site, with a near-term emphasis on improving quality assurance
- Provide technical leadership, including selecting technologies and establishing system architecture
- Take our qPCR analysis software to the next level by crafting the most capable and usable software on the market
- Increase software quality, and acquire 510(k) clearance and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance for future devices and applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, with 5+ years hands-on software engineering experience, and ideally a mixture of embedded and cloud development
- You're a strong manager with experience leading teams of 5+ developers, and can identify, recruit, and retain top talent
- You're very technical and hands-on, and can step in to fill any gap in the team, including design, coding, or testing
- You're also a natural delegator, and can mentor, coach, and develop team members
- Experience building highly performing teams, and ability to get the most out of everyone, establish efficient processes, and remove roadblocks
- A passion for our mission of growing the uses of biotechnology and impact of science, including improving human health and the environment
- Meaningful equity in an early-stage startup
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- A chance to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now