Technical Lead, Software
Are you a proven software leader who would like to be part of a team solving problems spanning software, hardware, and biology? We have a unique challenge for you!
Chai brings molecular diagnostics to the real world. Our rapid, easy-to-use Real-Time PCR solutions enable wide ranging applications, from helping breweries brew better beer, to the detection of foodborne pathogens, and even stopping the spread of COVID in schools and workplaces. Life science researchers in over 60 countries use our instruments and reagents in their research, and partners use our products to detect fraud, fight terrorism, and prevent hospital-acquired infections.
We're looking for a Technical Lead to lead software development of our device and cloud software. You'll lead and grow our software team while working closely with product management to develop new features and a cloud-based scientific application. You'll also partner with our hardware engineering team to develop the embedded realtime control software for our next generation of devices, and our growth team to support marketing efforts to grow the business.
What You'll Do
- Assume leadership of our small offsite team consisting of frontend, backend, DevOps, embedded, and bioinformatics engineers
- Retain and grow the team in Santa Clara and off-site, with a near-term emphasis on improving quality assurance
- Provide technical leadership, including selecting technologies and establishing system architecture
- Design and implement new web and embedded functionality from the ground up
- Take our qPCR analysis software to the next level by crafting the most capable and usable software on the market
- Designing well-thought-out REST APIs and database schemas and consume REST services
- Increase software quality, and acquire 510(k) clearance and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance for future devices and applications
- Work with a diverse team including product managers, hardware & software engineers, research scientists, bioinformaticians, and designers to deliver sophisticated functionality
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, with 8+ years hands-on software engineering experience, and ideally a mixture of embedded and cloud development
- Proven experience leading software teams, including identifying, recruiting, and retaining top talent
- You have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals and take pride in making the design simpler
- You love using Amazon Web Services & microservices to quickly build scalable solutions, and know there's much more to AWS than S3 & EC2.
- You're solid with modern backend frameworks like Elixir Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, or Node.js, SQL & NoSQL databases, RESTful services, and Linux systems. You learn new things easily anyways.
- You really care about quality, security, and maintainability.
- Experience building highly performing teams, and ability to get the most out of everyone, establish efficient processes, and remove roadblocks
- You love mentoring more junior team members and teaching them what you’ve learned throughout your career.
- A passion for our mission of growing the uses of biotechnology and impact of science, including improving human health and the environment
- Great compensation package including generous equity
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) and FSA plans
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- A chance to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now