Do you want to help build a company that strengthens public health, improves the safety of our food and water, fosters research, education, and environmental protection, while making small businesses like craft breweries more successful? If so, we want you on our team.
Chai brings biotechnology into the real world, allowing anyone to perform molecular diagnostics, anywhere. Our solutions are as accurate as a lab test, easy enough for anyone to use, and provide on-site results in an hour.
We're looking for a Research Associate to join our R&D team and work alongside scientists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to solve hard problems. You'll be developing foundational technologies such as reagents stable at tropical temperatures, PCR that works in a matter of minutes, painless DNA extraction systems that anyone can use, and extremely multiplexed reactions. You'll help design, validate, and manufacture our large library of assays spanning infectious diseases (eg. COVID-19), food, environmental, and industrial applications, and will play a key role in validating our next generation of devices which will make qPCR even more accessible.
- You possess a deep understanding of the fundamentals of PCR and have superb experimental design skills
- You’re passionate about the development of novel, easy-to-use test kits for qPCR and PCR applications
- You like to push boundaries of what’s possible by optimizing advanced assays
- You've worked in BSL1 and/or BSL2 environments and are not afraid of dealing with pathogens
- You love troubleshooting and solving hard problems
- You keep a beautiful lab notebook and a spotless lab bench
- You wield a pipette like a pro and feel at home in a wet lab environment
- You're meticulous with documentation, even though it may not be the most exciting part of the job
- You can manufacture reagents and kits consistently and take pride in the quality of your work
- You can explain your work clearly to those who don’t speak fluent “biology”
- You seek to master what you’re working on, no matter what it is
- You’re flexible to adapt to the changing needs of a growing startup
- You have a Master’s degree in Life Sciences/Bioengineering or Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 year of hands-on laboratory research experience
- Competitive salary & equity
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) & FSA plans
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered weekly lunch
- An opportunity to make your mark at a growing startup
This is an on-site position in our Santa Clara office. Our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply Now