Do you want to help build a company that's growing agricultural productivity, improving food & water safety, fostering research, education, and environmental protection, improving public health, and makes small businesses like microbrewers more successful?
Chai brings biotechnology into the real world, allowing anyone to perform molecular diagnostics, anywhere. Our solution is accurate as a lab test, costs 10x less, is easy enough for anyone to use, and provides on-site results in as little as 30 minutes.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and versatile Office Manager to support our staff, keep day-to-day operations running smoothly, maintain a great office environment for employees & visitors.
What you'll be doing
- Keep the office happy and running smoothly by stocking food and supplies, keeping things organized and well maintained, greeting visitors, etc.
- Planning group activities, happy hours, and lunches
- Provide administrative support for operations by handling shipping logistics, inventory management, creation of product labels, etc
- Negotiate and manage vendor relationships, including supplier sourcing & purchasing
- Keeping the customers happy by answering phone calls and emails, taking sales orders, shipping products, and handling customer service issues
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping, accounts payable, invoicing customers & handling accounts receivable
- Supporting our team through ordering, scheduling, booking travel, coordinating trade show logistics, taking care of miscellaneous tasks, and jumping in whenever help is needed
- Everything else you can to support the team and get us to our collective goals
We'd love to hear from you if
- You love working with people and handling administrative work
- You're super-organized, detailed, and tech-savvy
- You're a fast learner; we are happy to teach the skills you may not have as long as you can learn quickly and manage those job functions independently in a short time
- You have basic knowledge of bookkeeping and experience with relevant software
- You like working in a fast-paced startup environment, and learning new things every day
What we offer
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance for employees, subsidized for family
- 401(k) plan & FSAs
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fully stocked kitchen + catered lunch on Wednesdays
- On-site shower
- MacBook Pro, large display, and whatever else you need
At Chai everyone works with a great deal of freedom and responsibility. Expectations are high as people are trusted to act independently. We share information openly, think from first principles, and have a candid & trusting culture. We offer you many challenges, an environment where you can achieve phenomenal things, and a front row seat as we disrupt the biotech industry.