Do you want to build something that's impacting large industries like agriculture, research & education, and security, while at the same time combats consumer fraud, protects the environment, improves global health, and makes small businesses like microbrewers more profitable?
Chai allows anyone to detect anything, anywhere with DNA, transforming biotech into an everyday productivity tool. Our Internet-connected devices are as accurate as a lab test, but cost 10x less, and are easy enough for anyone to use.
We're looking for a Research Associate to join our R&D team and work alongside scientists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to solve hard problems. You'll be developing foundational technologies such as reagents stable at tropical temperatures, PCR that works in a matter of minutes, painless DNA extraction systems that anyone can use, and extremely multiplexed reactions. You'll help design, validate, and manufacture our large library of assays spanning infectious disease, food, environmental, and industrial applications, and will play a key role in validating our next generation of devices which will make qPCR even more accessible.
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF...
- You possess a deep understanding of the fundamentals of PCR and have superb experimental design skills
- You’re passionate about the development of novel, easy-to-use test kits for qPCR and PCR applications
- You like to push boundaries of what’s possible by optimizing advanced assays
- You love trouble shooting and solving hard problems
- You keep a beautiful lab notebook and a spotless lab bench
- You wield a pipette like a pro and feel at home in a wet lab environment
- You know or want to learn more about Python, R, or Julia for bioinformatics and analyze experimental data
- You're meticulous with documentation, even though it may not be the most exciting part of the job
- You can manufacture reagents and kits consistently and take pride in the quality of your work
- You can explain your work clearly to those who don’t speak fluent “biology”
- You seek to master what you’re working on, no matter what it is
- You’re flexible to adapt to the changing needs of a growing startup
- You have a Master’s degree in Life Sciences/Bioengineering or Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of hands-on laboratory research experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401(k) & FSA plans
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fully stocked kitchen + catered lunch on Fridays
- On-site shower
At Chai everyone works with a great deal of freedom and responsibility. Expectations are high as people are trusted to act independently. We share information openly, think from first principles, and have a candid, trusting, and respectful culture. We offer you many challenges, an environment where you can achieve great things professionally, and a front row seat as we disrupt the biotech industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.