Lead Software Engineer
Do you want to build something that's impacting large industries like agriculture, research & education, and security, while at the same time combats consumer fraud, protects the environment, improves global health, and makes small businesses like microbrewers and cannabis producers more profitable?
Chai allows anyone to detect anything, anywhere with DNA, transforming biotech into an everyday productivity tool. Our Internet-connected devices are as accurate as a lab test, but cost 10x less, and are easy enough for anyone to use.
We're looking for an experienced team leader and software architect to lead our growing team of software engineers to develop the cloud and device-based software that powers our solution, define the technology stack & system architecture, and code backend systems hands-on.
You'll have responsibility for running sprints & coordinating work, establishing practices, mentoring engineers, and the ultimate timely delivery of quality software. And as we are just starting to develop our cloud services, you'll get to build them from the ground up.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You enjoy leading software teams and know how to organize work, build support, and overcome obstacles to achieve collective goals. The engineers you've led before would love to work with you again.
- You're at home working in a diverse team of product managers, hardware & software engineers, research scientists, bioinformaticians, and designers to deliver complex functionality.
- You take pride in making the design simpler.
- You have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- You love using Amazon Web Services & microservices to quickly build scalable solutions, and know there's much more to AWS than S3 & EC2.
- You're solid with modern backend frameworks like Elixir Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, or Node.js, SQL & NoSQL databases, RESTful services, and Linux systems. You learn new things effortlessly anyways.
- You really care about quality, security, and maintainability.
- You love mentoring more junior team members and teaching them what you’ve learned throughout your career.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & meaningful stock options
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) & FSA plans
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked kitchen + free lunch on Fridays
- On-site shower
- New MacBook Pro, 4K display, height adjustable desk, fiber Internet, and whatever else you need.
At Chai everyone works with a great deal of freedom and responsibility. Expectations are high as people are trusted to act independently. We share information openly, think from first principles, and have a candid, trusting, and respectful culture. We offer you many challenges, an environment where you can achieve great things professionally, and a front row seat as we disrupt the biotech industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.