PIKA 4everyone L. acetotolerans Beer Spoiler Test Kit
- Test beer samples for Lactobacillus acetotolerans in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Lactobacillus acetotolerans spoils beer by the production of lactic acid. It often starts growth after a lengthy inactive phase in finished or aging beer, but can proliferate fast, causing an extreme drop in pH. L. acetotolerans is sensitive to oxygen and often shows minimal growth, making it difficult to detect by enrichment alone. Its slow growth pattern makes it a spoiler of particular importance in barrel-aged beers.
The PIKA 4e L. acetotolerans test kit specifically detects and quantifies L. acetotolerans, excluding all other Lactobacillus species. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2401-52|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|