PIKA 4everyone Lactobacillus & Pediococcus Real Beer Spoiler Identification Kit
- Determine risk by identifying the lactic acid spoiler species present in your beer
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results in two hours
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Lactobacillus and Pediococcus can spoil beer by the production of lactic acid. However of the over 200 species of these genera, only thirteen species have been proven to spoil beer.
The PIKA 4e Real Beer Spoiler Identification Kit determines which of these 13 spoilers are present in a sample. Species identification aids in determining spoilage risk & tracking down the source. The identification kit should be used only after the LP Real Beer Spoiler Test Kit has confirmed a Lactobacillus or Pediococcus real beer spoiler is present in a sample.
Spoilers are quantitatively detected using probe-based Real-Time PCR. Kit includes all reagents needed to identify 6 spoiler samples.
|L. acetotolerans||L. backii|
|L. brevis||L. casei|
|L. collinoides||L. coryniformis|
|L. lindneri||L. parabuchneri (“frigidus”)|
|L. perolens||L. plantarum|
|L. rossiae||P. damnosus|
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2401-37|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|
|The Real Beer Spoilers of Lactobacillus & Pediococcus|