PIKA 4everyone Lactobacillus & Pediococcus Real Beer Spoiler PCR Test Kit
- Test beer samples for all lactic acid producing beer spoilers in two hours
- Avoid false positives by testing for only the specific species that spoil beer
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Lactobacillus and Pediococcus can spoil beer by the production of lactic acid. However of the over 200 species of these genera, only thirteen species have been proven to spoil beer.
The PIKA 4e Real Beer Spoiler test kit screens for only those thirteen specific species, preventing the false positives common in less-sensitive kits, or kits relying on hops resistance genes. Read more about the Real Beer Spoilers of Lactobacillus and Pediococcus.
Spoilers are quantitatively detected using probe-based Real-Time PCR. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA. 48 reactions/test kit.
|L. acetotolerans||L. backii|
|L. brevis||L. casei|
|L. collinoides||L. coryniformis|
|L. lindneri||L. parabuchneri (“frigidus”)|
|L. perolens||L. plantarum|
|L. rossiae||P. damnosus|
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2401-38|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|
|The Real Beer Spoilers of Lactobacillus & Pediococcus|