PIKA 4everyone Megasphaera Beer Spoiler PCR Test Kit
- Test beer samples for Megasphaera spoilage bacteria in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Megasphaera spoils beer by producing a putrid, fecal smell. Because it is an anaerobic bacteria extremeley sensitive to oxygen, it is difficult to detect by enrichment alone.
The PIKA 4e Megasphaera test kit screens for and quantifies all Megasphaera species. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2401-41|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|