PIKA 4everyone Acetic Acid Bacteria Beer Spoiler Test Kit
- Test beer samples for Acetic Acid Bacteria in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Acetic acid bacteria are aerobic beer spoilers which spoil beer by the production of acetic acid.
The PIKA 4e Acetic Acid Bacteria test kit screens for and quantifies all acetics, including Acetobacter, Gluconacetobacter, and Gluconobacter, as well as several rarer species. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2401-15|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|