PIKA 4e Brettanomyces Test Kit
- Test beer and yeast samples for Brettanomyces (Dekkera) in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Brettanomyces is a super-attenuating yeast which can grow in finished beer, producing a secondary fermentation which creates unwanted tastes, causes alcohol level non-compliance, and creates a pressure build-up which can lead to exploding bottles.
The PIKA 4e Brettanomyces test kit screens for and quantifies all Brettanomyces species. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2402-20|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|