PIKA 4everyone Pectinatus Beer Spoiler PCR Test Kit
- Test beer samples for Pectinatus spoilage bacteria in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Pectinatus spoils beer by producing an unpleasant smell similar to rotten eggs. Because it is an anaerobic bacteria extremeley sensitive to oxygen, it is difficult to detect by enrichment alone.
The PIKA 4e Pectinatus test kit screens for and quantifies all Pectinatus species. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2401-44|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|