PIKA 4e Diastaticus Test Kit
- Test beer and yeast samples for Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus is a super-attenuating variant of brewer's yeast which can grow in finished beer, producing a secondary fermentation which creates unwanted tastes, causes alcohol level non-compliance, and creates a pressure build-up which can lead to exploding bottles. S. diastaticus is morphologically identical to brewers yeast, yet can break down long chain polysaccharides in finished beer.
The PIKA 4e S. diastaticus test kit tests for and quantifies S. diastaticus in beer and yeast slurry samples. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2402-49|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|
|Diastaticus: Detection & Control in the Brewery|