PIKA 4everyone Superattenuator Yeasts PCR Test Kit
- Test beer and yeast samples for Brettanomyces and S. diastaticus in two hours
- Real-Time PCR test delivers quantitative, objective results
- Automatic analysis with Open qPCR allows anyone to run tests
Brettanomyces and and Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus are super-attenuating yeasts which are regarded as spoilers in conventional beers, though they are sometimes deliberately used in sour beer production. These yeasts can grow in finished beer, producing a secondary fermentation which creates unwanted tastes, causes alcohol level non-compliance, and creates a pressure build-up which can lead to exploding bottles.
The PIKA 4e Superattenuator Yeasts test kit screens for and quantifies all Brettanomyces species as well as S. diastaticus. Includes all reagents needed to extract and amplify DNA using Real-Time PCR. 48 reactions/test kit.
|B. anomala||B. bruxellensis|
|B. custersianus||B. naardenensis|
|B. nanus||S. cerevisiae var. diastaticus|
|Sensitivity||10 CFU/mL (direct PCR)|
1 cell/sample (enriched)
|PCR Time||75 minutes|
|Compatible Samples||Beer, yeast slurry, colonies, environmental|
|Controls||Positive, negative, internal inhibition|
|Automatic Analysis||Supported with Open qPCR|
|Storage Temperature||2 – 8 °C|
|Manufacturer||PIKA Weihenstephan||Manufacturer Part #||2402-58|
- 20 minutes hands-on time.
- Samples may be directly tested for 2 hour results.
- Pre-enrichment with PCR-grade FastOrange increases sensitivity & degrades dead cells.
|Chai + PIKA Brewing Quality Solutions|